At your own speed, watch videos of instructor presentations, demonstrations, and solutions. Engage with multimedia interactions and knowledge checks.
AWS EC2 Environments
For the duration of the course, each student receives four EC2 instances to design and deploy a MemSQL cluster.
In your deployed MemSQL Cluster, work-on student labs and solve specific use case challenges.
- MemSQL real-time distributed architecture
- Schema design
- Query optimization
- MemSQL Procedural SQL (MPSQL)
- Performance Benchmarking and Tuning
- Real-time data ingest with pipelines
- Full-Text Indexes and Search
- Building real-time applications
MemSQL issues digital certificates that can be verified. Students can add their digital certificate to their LinkedIn profiles.
- Course Overview
- Before we begin...
- Software Requirements
- 6.5 LAB: Verify SSH Access to EC2
- Student Downloads
- MemSQL Overview and Use Cases
- 6.5 LAB Install MemSQL with MemSQL Ops
- Rowstore and Columnstore
- Data Distribution
- Distributed Joins
- Reference Tables
- 6.5 LAB Create the db_mycompany Database
- Appendix: A Deeper Look into MemSQL's Columnstore implementation
- Appendix: Tuning columnstore tables
- Appendix: Understanding Operations on Encoded Data for Columnstore tables
- Geospatial Data
- Appendix: DDL & DML for Geospatial
- 6.5 LAB Geospatial Data
- Index Types
- Sparsity and Normalized Forms
- JSON and Computed Columns
- LAB: Use a reference table to query JSON with variant length arrays.
- SOLUTION: Use a reference table to query JSON with variant array lengths
- Shard Key Strategies
- LAB: Identify a Sharding Strategy
- Explain, Analyze, and Profile
- Schema Optimization for Query Performance
- LAB: Explain, Analyze, and Profile
- SOLUTION: Explain, Analyze, Profile example
- LAB: Install MemSQL Studio
- Using Query Hints
- Resource Governance with Resource Pools
- Experimental Metrics
- Appendix: Experimental Metrics
- Using dbbench for Performance Testing
- LAB: Database Workload Generator
- Management Views and MemSQL Top
- LAB: MemSQL Top
- Extensibility Overview
- Table-Value Functions (TVF)
- User-Defined Functions (UDF)
- User-Defined Aggregate Functions (UDAF)
- Stored Procedures
- 6.5 LAB MemSQL Procedural Langauge
- Data Ingest Overview
- MemSQL Connector for Apache Spark
- MemSQL Pipelines with Apache Kafka
- Debugging Pipelines and AWS S3 Pipeline
- 6.5 LAB Ingest Streaming Data with MemSQL Pipelines
- LAB: AWS S3 Pipeline
- SOLUTION: AWS S3 Pipeline
- 6.5 LAB Continuous Loading with S3 Pipelines
- Pipelines INTO Stored Procedures
- 6.5 LAB Pipeline into a Stored Procedure
- Full-Text Index and Search
- 6.5 LAB Full-Text Index and Search
- Business Intelligence Dashboards
- MemSQL Pipelines for Machine Learning
- LAB: Predictive Analytics MNIST
- Requirements for Certification
- MemSQL 6 Developer Certification Exam
Watch instructor videos and demonstrations, participate in student labs, and take quizzes in your digital course player.
Online discussion forums allow you to ask questions about student labs, video lessons, and quiz questions. Our MemSQL experts and other students regularly answer.
After you have completed all of the modules, you take your final course exam.
To achieve certification, complete the course and pass the exam.
How does MemSQL create self-paced, online courses?
We employ the ADDIE model to design and develop our education content. We Analyze needs, Design the learning, Develop the curriculum, Implement the online course, and Evaluate the performance. We also employ an agile methodology for curriculum and courseware development. Based on student feedback and success, we regularly improve our online courses and education content.
What do I need to participate in the online course?
We run all our trainings as BYOL, Bring Your Own Laptop. Our self-paced, online courses require for you to be able to SSH into an Amazon EC2 instance using a provided pem or ppk key and public IP. MemSQL supplies the pem and ppk keys, student license, and Amazon EC2 hosts that you use for student labs. Using either Chrome or Firefox, you access education content and curriculum materials from a web-based, digital course player.
Is the certification exam separate or part of the course?
We bundle the certification exam with the course. The exam can only be taken with the course. You can learn more about certification here.
If I need assistance with a student lab, how do I get help?
Once enrolled, you'll be able to access your course player. In the course player, there is a discussion forum. This is a great place to ask a question and get an answer. For more individualized help, our MemSQL experts offer office hours.
For how long do I have access to the course player?
After enrollment, you can access your course for up to one year.