Our virtual training includes live, instructor-led demonstrations that align with specific learning objectives.
AWS EC2 Environments
For the duration of the course, each student receives four EC2 instances to design and deploy a MemSQL cluster.
In your deployed MemSQL Cluster, work-on student labs and solve specific use case challenges.
- MemSQL real-time, in-memory distributed architecture
- Schema design
- Query optimization
- MemSQL Procedural SQL (MPSQL)
- Performance Benchmarking and Tuning
- Real-time data ingest with pipelines
- Building real-time applications
MemSQL issues digital certificates that can be verified. Students can add their digital certificate to their LinkedIn profiles.
- WebEx Meeting Details
- Software Requirements
- Verify SSH access to EC2
- Student AWS EC2 Instances
- Student Downloads
- Architecture Concepts
- LAB: MemSQL Installation with MemSQL Ops
- Rowstore and Columnstore
- Data Distribution
- Distributed Joins
- Reference Tables
- LAB: Create the mycompany database
- Application Cluster Topologies
- Appendix: A Deeper Look into MemSQL's Columnstore implementation
- Appendix: Tuning columnstore tables
- Geospatial Data
- Appendix: DDL & DML for Geospatial
- LAB: Geospatial
- SOLUTION: Geospatial
- Index Types
- Sparsity and Normalized Forms
- JSON and Computed Columns
- LAB: Use a reference table to query JSON with variant length arrays.
- Shard Key Strategies
- LAB: Identify a Sharding Strategy
- Analyze, Explain, and Profile
- Schema Optimization for Query Performance
- LAB: Explain, Analyze, and Profile
- Using Query Hints
- Experimental: Explain Plain Viewer
- QUIZ | Module 03
- Table-Valued Functions (TVF)
- User-Defined Functions (UDF)
- User-Defined Aggregate Functions (UDAF)
- Stored Procedures (SP)
- LAB: Stored Procedure
- Experimental Metrics
- Appendix: Experimental Metrics
- Using dbbench for Performance Testing
- LAB: Database Workload Generator
- Management Views
- Workload Profiling
- LAB: MemSQL Top
- MemSQL Connector for Apache Spark
- MemSQL Pipelines with Apache Kafka and AWS S3
- LAB: Apache Kafka Pipeline
- LAB: AWS S3 Pipeline
- Appendix: Python Script
- Business Intelligence Dashboards
- MemSQL Pipelines for Machine Learning
- LAB: Predictive Analytics MNIST
- Requirements for Certification
- MemSQL 6 Developer Certification Exam
- ORDER BY ASC - Virtual Training Survey
A virtual training course runs for three consecutive sessions.
Each session is about 3 hours in duration.
A MemSQL Certified Instructor leads each virtual session. In each session, your instructor introduces new topics with live demonstrations. Topics align with specific learning objectives.
With each new topic, your instructor makes available the related education content and curriculum materials in your course player.
After the end of each session, you spend one to two hours completing student labs.
You and your instructor connect virtually for the duration of the course. Your instructor is available to answer question and resolve technical issues.
At the end of the virtual training, you take a course exam.
To achieve MemSQL Developer certification, you complete the course and pass the exam.
How does MemSQL create virtual training?
We employ the ADDIE model to design and develop our education content. We Analyze needs, Design the learning, Develop the curriculum, Implement the virtual training course, and Evaluate the performance. We also employ an agile methodology for curriculum and courseware development. Based on student feedback and success, we regularly improve our virtual training courses and education content.
Do the virtual training courses align with the latest version of MemSQL?
Yes, MemSQL virtual training courses align with the most recent major and minor version of MemSQL. Because of the varying speed and cadence of maintenance releases, we are unable to update education content to support maintenance releases entirely.
What do I need to participate in virtual training?
We run all our trainings as BYOL, Bring Your Own Laptop. Virtual training requires that you simply install a WebEx meeting client. You also need to be able to SSH into an Amazon EC2 instance using a provided pem or ppk key and public IP. MemSQL supplies the pem and ppk keys, student license, and Amazon EC2 hosts that you use for student labs. Using either Chrome or Firefox, you access education content and curriculum materials for the virtual training course from a web-based, digital course player.
How do I get access to the course materials for virtual training?
As an enrolled student in a virtual training course, you will have access to course materials using the course player. The course player includes downloads of presentation materials, ebooks, white papers, and code examples.
For how long do I have access to the course content?
After enrollment, you can access your course for one year. Most students complete virtual training within one week.
Is the certification exam separate or part of the course?
We bundle the certification exam with the course. The exam can only be taken with the course. You can learn more about certification here.
Are there recordings of each session made available for virtual training?
Yes, after the end of each session, we make available the WebEx recording. After the session ends, the file is usually available within 15 minutes. Playing the file requires a WebEx Network Player. It should be noted that we are unable to guarantee the quality or completeness of a WebEx recording. When possible, we also make available a MP4 version of the WebEx recording available. MP4 files typically take up to 48 hours to be released.
Does MemSQL offer a discount for bundling MemSQL Administrator and MemSQL Developer virtual trainings?
Yes, we offer a significant discount of 50% off the second course. Inquire about our MemSQL Quick Start Virtual Training Bundle.