MemSQL 6 Administrator Training
From installation, schema design, query optimization, and troubleshooting, our administrator training course is the best preparation for managing and monitoring high-performance, operational data warehouses and real-time, in-memory database applications.
Go to the next level with training!
This course provides students with a comprehensive understanding of the steps necessary to install, design, operate, maintain, and monitor a high availability cluster with MemSQL and MemSQL Ops, our built-in management tool.
Through instructor-led discussion and interactive labs, students will master MemSQL key concepts, terminology and topics such as:
- Fundamental concepts of MemSQL real-time, in-memory distributed architecture
- Installing aggregators and leaves including advanced installation scenarios
- Operating MemSQL with MemSQL Ops
- Securing MemSQL and MemSQL Ops
- Managing upgrades for MemSQL Ops and MemSQL
- Operating MemSQL for high availability and durability
Audience and Prerequisites
Designed to serve the learning goals of database administrators and operation engineers, MemSQL Administrator Training requires previous experience with Linux, relational database systems, and SQL.
MemSQL Administrator Certification provides employers, partners, and customers with tangible evidence of your skills and expertise. Certification validates your expertise and helps establish your leadership credentials. Participants of this training achieve certification with course completion and by passing a certification exam.
MemSQL issues digital certificates that can be verified. Students can add their digital certificate to their LinkedIn profiles.
- Architecture Concepts
- LAB: Configure your AWS EC2 host instances
- Rowstore and Columnstore -- Rowstore
- Rowstore and Columnstore -- Columnstore
- LAB: Install MemSQL Manually (no MemSQL Ops)
- Data Distribution
- Distributed Joins
- Reference Tables
- LAB: Create the mycompany database
- Designing a Cluster
- Expanding a Cluster
- Appendix: A Deeper Look into MemSQL's Columnstore implementation
- QUIZ | Module 01
Senior Manager, Training Programs
About the instructor
As manager of training and certification for MemSQL, Seth has overall responsibility for developing product curriculum, delivering training, and administering professional certification. Seth is an experienced database designer, data analyst, application architect, courseware developer, and technical instructor.